The power a number carries


Photography by PiotrPhotography

Hello lovely people,

This March I turned 24 and found myself having a premature mid-life crises, contemplating every aspect of my life. It got me thinking why? Why a young female of only 24 was intimidated by a harmless number which in hindsight, did not define me or my success.



Researching further it became apparent that my generation is constantly bombarded by social media who categorize success, beauty and happiness by age. It is wonderful to see such young success, but the constant glamorising of age in correspondence with this, I feel is adding an unnecessary stress on the younger generation.

So not only did I turn another year older, but I also learned a great life lesson. we shouldn't feel the pressure of achieving certain goals or life experiences by an age time scale, life is different for everyone and each person goes at their own pace. Life is not a race to be won, it is a journey to be enjoyed.

On a lighter note, I had a wonderful birthday filled with coffee, smiles, good wine and good vibes. I have another exciting year ahead of me where anything is possible, I couldn't be any more excited even if I tried. Wish me luck!

Naomi
xxx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

© Naomi Amber. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig